Now that Christmas has passed, and we’ve all had time to sift and sort through the post-holiday madness, i’m sure many of you are relaxing and reflecting on both the month and year. December was/is a big month for me. Between birthday, bachelorette and holiday parties (not to mention gift shopping & Matron of Honor duties), I was thankful to be able to devote my attention to friends and family. In the midst of it all, a few of my December favorites kept me cool and collected.
Maybe it’s just me but whenever I know i’m going to have a crazy schedule, I make extra sure to do something for myself here-and-there. I think it’s important to present our fullest heart when doing things for others, so any weariness or resentment could get in the way of being truly authentic. For example, at the end of a busy day, I add something special to my nightly routine like a relaxing mask or cozying up with Ben and reading together. Whether it’s a healthy snack break or a new pair of shoes to feel fresh, my December favorites brought me joy amidst the madness.
- Levi’s 721 High Rise Skinny Jeans in Open Water
- Miss Spa Hydrate Sheet Mask
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick 280 Rum Riche
- Sonia Kashuk Lip Liner 002 Pink Whisper
- Vita Coco 100% Organic Coconut Oil
- Nature’s Path Love Crunch Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Blonde Moment Treatment Shampoo
- Ted Dekker’s Circle Series
- Christ Stapleton Traveller Album
- Cole Haan Black Leather Landsman Bootie
(1) These Levi’s were around $50 and the wash goes with anything! I loved these jeans so much, I bought a second pair at 30% off during their holiday sale. (2) This mask has been saving my dry winter skin. (3) Most days, all I wear is mascara and lips. Rum Riche is a new favorite, one I swap back and forth with (4) under chapstick. (5) I use coconut oil daily for cooking and smoothies and i’ve learned it makes a great hair mask and moisturizer; something i’ll have to try. (6) I snagged this granola from Costco and didn’t expect to love it so much. I’ll eat it by itself, over a smoothie bowl, or with peanut butter and almond milk as a snack. Yum! (7) This shampoo has helped me keep the blonde in my balayage from turning brassy. (8) Ben and I have been reading this series together and just finished the third book, White. (9) Obsessed! Chris Stapleton is the perfect mix of bluesy soul and country. My favorite songs from the album are Tennessee Whiskey and Outlaw State of Mind. (10) I have the Nine West Jara Chelsea Boot in the red-brown color, which – like my Levi’s – I wore so much I bought a second pair. I found these similar Cole Haan boots at Costco in all black.
I hope you liked this December favorites post. Leave a comment below if you have any favorites you would like to share, or if you look forward to trying one of mine. Happy New Year!