Don’t be afraid of vegetables! I’ve been working on recipes that both meat and veggie eaters will love; this pasta recipe is my latest rendition. All you really need to cook great tasting, healthy meals is 3-5 of your favorite veggies (I love zucchini, asparagus & mushrooms), your favorite seasoning (lemon pepper rules) and choice of protein (vegetables are a great source of protein) — chop everything up, put it in a pan, let it simmer, and you’ve got yourself a tasty and nutritious meal! I personally don’t eat much pasta, rice or bread. I find that a heaping bed of greens with a bunch of cooked veggies fills me up without the extra calories or tummy bloat. If you want to skip the pasta with this recipe, I recommend serving the veggies & protein over a big bed of fresh spinach. Yum!
Looking for an appetizer?
Visit my YouTube channel and start with a zucchini flatbread.
- 2 C Organic Farfalle aka Bowtie Pasta
- 3 tbsp Pesto Sauce
- ½ Medium Zucchini (chopped)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Red Pepper (to taste)
- ½ C Portobello Mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 Asparagus Spears (chopped)
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- *Parmesan topping optional
- *Vegan? Sub nutritional yeast for cheesy topping
- Bring a non-stick pan to medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and place seed-side down on warm pan
- Allow olive oil and tomatoes to cook while you prep other vegetables
- Cut zucchini, asparagus & mushrooms and set aside
- Boil water with 1 tsp of olive oil
- When water is boiling, add pasta to pot and remaining vegetables to pan
- Keep boiling pasta on medium heat
- Stir vegetables in the olive oil and tomato juices while pasta cooks
- When pasta is ready, drain and add to pan of vegetables
- Toss vegetables and pasta together adding black and red pepper to taste
- When pasta & vegetables are thoroughly mixed, add pesto sauce
- Toss until pasta, vegetables and sauce are well mixed
- Serve with your choice of topping: Parmesan or nutritional yeast
Feedback + Support
If you liked this dish please leave a comment letting me know what kinds of recipes or videos you’d like to see next. Also, you can support my YouTube channel by giving the video a thumbs up + subscribing!