Friends, I am currently enjoying a thick slice of this heavenly vegan zucchini bread with soy butter and a hot cup of coffee – does it get any better?? I’m sorry to throw this out there, but I have to, this is bread is deliciously dense and marvelously MOIST! There’s really no better way to describe it.
Ben has loved zucchini bread since he was a child – something his grandma (the baking queen) used to make along with her famous Croatian Povitica – which is definitely not vegan. I started making a vegan version of zucchini bread this year while working to broaden our plant-based options and, let me tell ya, NO ONE can tell the difference. In fact, I didn’t tell my in-laws it was vegan until after they devoured half a loaf and exclaimed, “This is the best zucchini bread I’ve ever had!”
My goal: To make plant-based foods so undeniably delicious, they make you want to switch.
- 2½ C Shredded Zucchini (1 large zucchini) (A)
- 1 C Unsweetened Applesauce (A)
- 1 C Sugar (A)
- 1 C Brown Sugar (A)
- ¾ C Olive Oil (A)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (A)
- 3 C All-Purpose Flour (B)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (B)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda (B)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (B)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut up 1 large zucchini and place in a food processor or blender; chop into small bits.
- Combine group (A) ingredients & mix
- Combine group (B) ingredients & mix
- Combine group (A) & (B) ingredients, mix & let sit for 15 minutes
- Place mixture into a 9x5" bread pan & bake for 70 minutes.
- *Check at 60 with a toothpick. Zucchini bread is done when toothpick pulls clean.
- Let cool overnight.